Friday, August 05, 2005

Quick Quip

I am organizing a baby shower for one of the guys at work. He and his wife are having their first child, and we always throw a shower for a couples first baby.

I have sent out four reminders about this, and I never expect more than 5 bucks from people. I know that people can be low on cash, but it's the same people that never contribute. This wouldn't be a big deal except one of them, Susan, had everything in her apartment damaged in the flood last year. The company took up a collection and gave her gift cards from the mall that totaled $1000. I know I sound silly and petty, but I don't think it would kill her to throw in 2 bucks for a baby gift.

This quote came from another blogger, whom I hold near and dear to my heart. I think this quote really applies to this situation. Some people are like Slinkies ... Not really good for anything......But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs

3 comments:

Sanity Lost said...

Unfortunatly not everyone seems to remember to reciprocate the kindness that others have shown them. Did you ever see the movie
Pay It Forward? I can only imagine what the world would be like if everyone remembered to pass it on to others.

Sanity Lost said...

OMG you got spammed on your blog!! Well thats what delete buttons are for.......

MaxieCat said...

Yeah, go figure...