Sunday, December 02, 2007

What's it been? Two Months

Wow, things have been so crazy that I haven't had time to write, or is it that I haven't had anything happen worth writing about. Who knows, so here I am.

Some things of note that have happened since my last entry:

We spread Michael's ashes in the middle of October. It was a cold, rainy day when we marched into the woods. Dad kept saying to Greg and I, "How does this work?" Our response in unison, "I dunno, we've never done this before either."

I went prepared with a pair of scissors to cut open the bag and a backpack to carry the box into the woods. Once we found a couple places, we cut the bag open and let dad spread the ashes. It was a sad moment when we were finished. Dad said some sweet words and we walked quietly out of the woods. When we were driving down the road, I noticed the clouds part and the sun come out - how appropriate, I knew then that Michael was finally at peace.

Gordy got a new job - yeah!!! He is working normal hours and only works every third Saturday. He started this week and was home before me twice already. I told he needs to ease me into this new way of living. I am so used to being by myself the majority of the time and now he is around, it's great but it's culture shock. I see this as a new chapter in our marriage, I may even start cooking dinner a couple nights a week.

Pitt beat WVU last night. After such a sucky season, I really didn't expect Pitt to pull this one out. WVU was just too tense and Pitt wanted it more. It really throws a monkey wrench into the National Championship. Go Ohio State!!!

Well, I need to go. Enjoy the pics of JJ (he loved my chocolate chip cookies. I learned one thing, never walk away from a two year old with a CC cookie or it will end up like this) Check out the pic of the owl, he is living in the squirrel house right outside the window.



No comments: