Friday, February 18, 2005

What was I doing in the 90's?

I was on my way home from school last night flipping the channels around and came across one playing the 90's at 9. I kept the station there thinking that it would be some good music. After 15 minutes and not knowing a single song, I started wondering why I didn't know any of these songs. I am a music freak, I have about 400 cd's, so for me not knowing any of this music was a little scary. Was I working too much to pay attention to the tunes on the way home? Did my husband have me listen to country too much and I lost touch with what was popular? Don't get me wrong, I like country music, but there was a period of time where that was all I listened to.

After pondering the music "loss" I started thinking about where that decade went to. I graduated from college, got my first job and my second, but the rest seems like a giant blur. I know that this was a time in my life where I put my job first and life came only after that. I traveled with work, I've been in more cities than I ever thought I would be, but I still come back to this blur. Could it be that I was in my 20's and life seemed to stretch out before me without any worries? Now that I am in my mid 30's, I am realizing how precious life is and paying more attention to family and friends instead of worrying about work and when that project needs to be done.

I think I may go out and buy some 90's pop music just to get a grip on what was hip back then or not. Maybe I should keep my memories as they are and create new ones for the time we are living in right now.

No comments: