Friday, February 18, 2005

He's getting older...

I was horny last night and let my husband know this in a not so subtle way. When things weren't going the way I thought they should, I asked what the problem was. He didn't have to tell me, I knew - ED - I guess I should have realized there was something wrong months ago when things were not as "hard" as they should have been. We've always had a fairly healthy sex life so I didn't really think that much about it, just that maybe he was tired.

Needless to say, I tried to make lite of the situation and said I was going to have to go out and get a "boy-toy". This really put him on the defensive and ticked him off - I was only kidding. We've been together so long that I really never thought of him as getting old, but he turns 50 in 4 months and I really need to realize that things are not going to be the same as what they were when he was 35.

I guess if he needs some help in this department, it shouldn't be a bad thing. I need help in the depression department and he has still been there for me. I guess the whole ED ad campaign makes me think of people my parents age, not my husbands. I really hate getting old, time goes so fast. Things, people and memories we want to hold fast to, tend to slip threw our fingers until they are just a blip on the radar screen of life.

I really have no idea why I am rambling on like this. I need to get to work and accomplish something this afternoon.

No comments: