Monday, October 10, 2005

Another Monday Morning

I went to bed angry last night. I typically don't do that, but my husband has lost his sense of tact over the past few weeks. I am PMSing, so I know I haven't been myself, but some of the things he said to me this weekend were down right mean.

Last week I was really sick, I missed one day of work but managed to struggle through the rest of the week. When Saturday came around, I was exhausted and slept alot. After a 3 hour nap I woke up and went in the other room where he was watching tv. I'm not in the room 5 minutes when "what did you do all day today?" came from his mouth in a snide tone. I explained that I got laundry done, took the cat to the vet and ran some errands. This questioning annoyed me some, but I let it go.

Yesterday he went to my Dad's to help him out with some stuff. I did some cleaning, laundry and worked on the computer. When he got home it didn't look like I had done a lot so the "what did you do all day today?" came out of his mouth again. At this point I am starting to get annoyed with him. I explained what I had done all day again. He then proceeds on this "I do love you" thing because he knows I am getting really pissed at him.

Last night was the real kicker though, we're sitting on the couch and he turns to be and says, "So when are you starting that diet?" Huh? He repeats, then explains that I talked about starting a diet about a month ago and it looks like I have gained weight instead of loosing it. I looked at him in pure disgust and expalin to him that I am PMSing and am bloated (something he wouldn't understand). Doesn't he realize that I hate the way I look and I am not very proud of myself right now? I have been trying to eat healthier, like tuna for lunch and eating pretzels instead of chips. I even bought lunch meat yesterday so I wouldn't have to buy lunch out all week.

What gets me is that he launchs into the "I love you and I worry about you" thing after all this talk about diets. I know that he loves me and wants to see me lose weight, which is fine, but when someone looks like he does then gets on my case, then I start to get bitchy about it. It makes me want to go eat an entire bag of double stuff oreos, but I do have some will power.

He just called and I went off on him. I explained what the problem was and we talked things out. Boy I feel better already.

No comments: