Thursday, October 13, 2005

A New Addition


As of 7am yesterday morning there was a new addition to the Mackrell Klan. JJ (Jonathan Jr.) was born and I have never felt so much unconditional love for someone.

It's weird that I would have these feelings for a child just hours old. I can't imagine what a mother feels like after she gives birth. This is nothing like that, but the emotion I felt before JJ was born quadrupled the minute he was born.

I walked into the room yesterday with Gordon. Jon handed me the baby and I was in in love. I was in love with this baby that has my husbands blood in his veins. JJ may not have any of my bloodline, but I feel that I have this wonderful opportunity to make an impact on someones life like I have never had before. Does this sound strange?

JJ has the longest fingers I have seen on a newborn. His fingernails are long and slendor, like those that every woman wishes she had. His little nose is perfect and he has a birthmark running from his forehead down to the tip of his nose.

When he is angry, he face scrunches like his uncle Ben's. His eyebrows arch and his nose comes up with a look that says he wants to cry, but instead he makes a moaning baby noise, then doses back to sleep.

I want to memorize every inch of his face and never forget that something so wonderful can come from two people so in love. His parents are like two old souls that are so comfortable with each other, they know what the other is thinking before they say it.

To see the joy on Jon's face when he handed JJ to me was worth every dollar I ever made. He was wearing a Budweiser like shirt that had a big D instead of B. The shirt said "King of Dads" I have never seen anyone so happy and fullfillled to be a father.

Amie was a trooper through the 18 hours of labor she endured. She is a beaming mother. I know she was worried about the pain, but she made it through. When I saw her yesterday, she looked relieved to be done with the labor. She and Jon slept from 5pm yesterday until this morning, they needed it and will need the sleep with the newborn at home.

Oh well, I have to run. More pictures to follow

1 comment:

Sanity Lost said...

CONGRATS!!!!
WoooooHoooooo!!!

Pictures pictures pictures......

Grandma....LOL that is soooo wierd.

Now you can spend even more money spoiling the little guy....of course everything you already bought, I can't see that he doesn't already have everything. Enjoy the opportunities you have ahead of you.