Friday, February 17, 2006

A Rose is Just a Rose?

After 16 years of marriage, I finally got flowers on Valentines Day. It started out like every typical day - snuggles and kisses before I padded off to the shower. The only difference was the cards that morning.

When I got to work, I had another card - this time an electronic one. Man, he was really trying to make it a special day this year.

Lunch came and went without a call from the front desk. As I was stuffing a micky d's fry into my mouth, the call came. I needed to go to the receptionists desk - wahoo. As I walked the 100 paces, my palms began to sweat. Was I just getting my hopes up?

I rounded the corner to find all the girls standing there gawking at this beautiful arrangement on the front desk. It was for me...

There were cream and red roses, snap dragons, and orchids along with some odd looking greenary (sp). They have been sitting on my desk all week and looking great. They smell so nice, I wish it could smell like this all the time.

The answer to the question is - no, these roses are special, from someone special. Someone who adores me and knew they would mean the world to me.

Thanks Honey - you make my world go 'round.

1 comment:

Sanity Lost said...

Awwwwwwww I am so happy you got your Valentines wish!