Thursday, February 23, 2006

Will this week ever be over?

I have had a bad week, which started at the end of last week. I am blown away with school right now. I spend all weekend studying and still don't understand stuff in my research class. - I'm just frustrated.

This weekend entailed studying, babysitting, cleaning and playing host to Gordon's sister. None of this bothered me, except that I know I need to be doing other things - like studying more.

Work has been chaotic. We have a "goLive" with a new product next week and I have been testing like crazy. Of course, things that were fixed are now broken - Murphy's Law.

The home life hasn't gotten better, I am PMSing and just need a break. Monday I was in the bathroom getting ready for work, Gordy walked in and said with a snide tone "Pants." This was his way of saying that he couldn't find his pants for work. I had to drop what I was doing and go look for his pants - off to the laundry area, no, then back to the closet - yep. If he would have opened his eyes, he would have found them.

Gordy got a job offer yesterday. The money isn't the best and he isn't sure he's going to take it. I bought him some flowers just to let him know how proud of him I am. So....

Last night I went home and did some homework. At around 8:30 I went out to watch some TV with him. He proceeded to tell me to get a drink, he had something to tell me. A million things were flying through my head - what did Ben do now, he wants a divorce, he was fired from his job. He proceeds to tell me that he didn't want to tell me this, becuase I had been so stressed and he didn't want to pile anymore on - ok Gordy, get to the point.... He said that the place where he worked was being sold and he didn't know if he would have a job in another month.

At this point, I am speechless. Prior to him telling me this, he asked me not to be mad. I have to admit, I was mad but yet releived that he decided not to tell me. He was right, I didn't need that stress of knowing he may not have a job at the end of March.

Thursday and Friday were no better, I found out Friday at 4 that I have to work this weekend - argh...

Friday night I came home and had a serious talk with Gordy. About how I am feeling about the way I am perceiving what he has said to me over the past week or so. After I aired all my grievances, he wouldn't speak to me for the rest of the night. I really tried to not put him on the defensive, by saying "this is how I feel when you say..." I wasn't critical and I wasn't argumentative, heck I was pretty calm. I probably should have waited to tell him this stuff, but I must say, it was a relief to get it off my shoulders.

When he left this morning, he said bye, not "I Love you," nothing. I guess he is still mad at me.

The way things look right now, it appears that next week will be starting as crappy as this week ended.

No comments: