Friday, November 18, 2005

Crushes

I was talking with Gordy the other day about my "crushes" and how they last a long time.

First it was Tim. Yeah he and I dated for awhile, but there was always this "thing" between us even after we were married to other people. No, there was never a sexual relationship, but I always loved him in a way (albeit unhealthy). It took a disaster in my life to realize that he was never really a friend and this "thing" between us was just an image I had in my head.

Then there was Scott. Now there was some serious sexual tension between the two of us. We had a brief fling - the best sex I ever had - but I knew it would never last, I didn't trusted him. I talk to him about once a year to say hi and catch up with each other's lives. It took me awhile to get over him because things were so intense, but there is nothing now.

~Trevor. Solid, fun loving, never been married and always chasing after the wrong girl, Trevor. He was my very first obtainable crush. I have known T longer than I have known Gordon. We were and always will be friends. For a brief period of time when I started working here, I thought there could have been something more. I was going through a bad time at home and T was something to think about other than the bad stuff. I look back on that period of time and think - Marge, you were such an ass.

Finally, there is my wonderful, adoring husband - my forever crush. If something ever happened to him, I don't think I would ever get over it. We just are. I don't know how to explain it, but where I end, he starts. We both enjoy making the other one happy. When I was younger, we had a lot of problems. I think it was do to me being so young.

Oh well, he just called. We have a date tonight and he wanted to know if I was ready yet - what a guy.

No comments: