Sunday, November 27, 2005

Sunday Morning

I woke up this morning in the arms of my husband. It felt good to have his strong biceps around me, making me feel needed and loved.

We were out last night for the company Christmas party and got home late. It was so nice to sleep in this morning. We laid in bed and discussed conversations that took place at the party. Gordy is really good at people watching and told me some things that I hadn't noticed at the party.

He told me that Darrin was really annoyed with our new employee, Lisa. She is an overbearing person that tries too hard to be accepted. I didn't realize people thought this way about her until she weazeled her way into our limo going from the Bill Cosby show and dinner. She grabbed a hold of Trevor's ear and wouldn't let go. I could tell he was really annoyed with the whole situation and would have walked away from her if he could.

The thing about Lisa is that she means well, but she pushes too hard to be liked. She comes around when everyone is busy and just stands around. She doesn't know when to leave, especially when she's standing at my desk and someone comes over to ask me a question - she stays like she is part of the question.

Another thing that bothers me is her lack of personal hygiene. Her teeth look like they haven't been cleaned in 15 years. I have to say, dirty teeth is one of my biggest peeves. Her hair looks like it hasn't been brushed for weeks. I don't understand why someone hasn't said something to her about this since she is representing us at client sites. I also don't trust her networking abilities, though she has come into our company to fill some big shoes.

Besides the dirty teeth, she is LOUD. Her inside voice belongs on a varsity football cheerleading squad the day of the big game. I can have my headphones on at the office listening to music at a high decibel rate, and can hear her talking to people on the phone or just in general. One day I heard her on the phone talking to someone over the speaker. This is a no no at the office, there are too many of us to pull a stunt like this - Darrin would have freaked if he would have heard that.

oh well, enough bitching about Lisa. Back to the Sunday morning thing... We had a great morning, it was pretty much typical. Cuddling, talking, getting up and having coffee and breakfast. I really enjoy these times becuase it's just us. This is really the only time of the week that we sit and talk. I cherish these moments and look forward to Sunday mornings with Gordy.

1 comment:

Sanity Lost said...

I am soooooooo jealous... I miss thosse kinda mornings.