Sunday, November 13, 2005

Quick Quip

Yeah another bitching post...

Gordy and I were at a local department store last night looking for a recliner for Jon and Amie. The one they have is really uncomfortable and I think it's broken.

Anyhow... We walk into the furniture department and there are about 10 kids hanging out talking. I thought this was a little weird, but still kept looking at the chairs. After about 10 minutes of the idle chatter and wondering eyes of young people, I started to get pissy. Their bubble gummed tennis shoes on nice white leather made me feel bad for the sales person.

One set of teens where hanging out on the electric beds, they were moving the bed into the upright position, then back to flat.

When the sales associate came over to great us, I asked why the kids were there. He sais they do this all the time. These kids had been there for about two hours talking and sitting on the furniture. I then wanted to know why he didn't tell them to leave - it's store policy not to approach them, was the answer.

I can understand why the associate wouldn't want to approach these delinquents to leave, one, they could pull out a gun and two, they may be future customers. Though I doubt the associate will be there when these kids are old enough to buy furniture.

What would the parents of these kids think if they knew their kids where hanging out in the furniture section of a department store disrupting customers? Would they be upset? Do the parents really care where their kids are on a Saturday night?

What has happened to our society that people have no respect for one another? I would never have done anything like that becuase my parents would have been disappointed with my actions.

I wonder if I should write a letter to the local paper? Maybe this would be a wake up call to parents, though I doubt it.

No comments: