Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Taking Advantage

I'm not sure if anyone remembers me ranting about the "guests" my company has leased space to on a temporary basis?

They have been loud and rude, but we have all learned to co-exist fairly decent considering the situation. I think the thing that has bothered me and my co-workers is that the rumor mill has gone around and they aren't paying their rent to us. Considering it's only 1500 a month for class A space they are getting away cheap.

I found out by accident that we are going to lease the entire space (ours plus the old Lilly space) then sublease the old Lilly space to Trilliant. I am curious to see what Darrin has to say about the whole thing and how he is going to react to the uproar when he announces that we are leasing the whole space and subleasing to our "guests" it's gonna be funny.

I guess what boggles me is that this guy takes advantage of Darrin. He strutts around like he owns the place. He leaves his coffee cup in the kitchen sink, and can't muster up enough energy to open the dishwasher to put the cup in. His kids come in and run around the office, they use our ping pong table for fun and are just plain rude.

They hired a new guy and he moved into our networking lab - there wasn;t anywhere else to put him. The guy is arrogant and looks at all of us like we are invading his place of business.

Another thing that makes me angry about the whole thing is that if they don't pay their rent my bonus will be affected. How will my company be able to honor the bonus plan when expected money is not coming in.

Oh well, I guess the management team knows what is best and if Trilliant doesn't pay, then they will get kicked out. I need to trust the higher ups for the betterment of the company and I have no right to complain

No comments: