Friday, November 18, 2005

Just Turn Around Now...

I had just finished up in the restroom when I heard your keys jangling outside the door to your "office." I thought I had missed you and felt a wave of sadness wash over me.

I try to make it a point be in the foyer around the time you leave work - this is an everyday occurance - secretly hoping I would catch a glimpse at those eyes.

It would be an entire weekend before I had the chance to see you again. Then it happened...

I was leaning against the wall talking with Jean when you brushed passed me. You didn't see me as you walked by and said "goodnight" to Jean.

At that point something unintelligible came out of my mouth that sounded like "have a nice weekend" but wasn't.

It was only five more steps until you realized it was me, then you turned around. You leaned left just enough to catch my eye. There it was, those eyes and that smile, all for me. I looked at you and blushed, "Have a nice weekend," you said. "You too Bruce," was my lame respose.

All that and you turned around and walked away, head down. It was all I could do not to run after you, but I stayed and finished my conversation with Jean.

I must say this whole thing is ludicrous and very high school. I have a crush on this guy, I know his name - first and last - and he has no idea what my name is. He's never asked me and if he knows what it is, he never uses it.

The funny thing is that if I was available, he probably would never ask me out, (here goes that self esteem thing again) I'm overweight, not anything to really look at, and ... well I'm sure there is something else wrong with me that a guy would find fault with.

No comments: